Spring Break Missions
2019 Prayer Guide
This is the time of year when hundreds of Fellowship students and adults are preparing to embark on outreach trips locally, regionally, and globally to spread the Gospel and make a difference in the lives of others. As different cultures mesh and relationships form, our goal is to reach the unreached both near and far. For those of us not taking part in these trips physically, we can still be involved… by praying!
Use the prayer guide below to pray for our trips or download Prayer Guide HERE!
Mosaic Student Trips
SOAR NWA | 6th-8th grades
Leader: Scott Jones and Dani Droste
Purpose: To further the relational and educational work that SOAR does year-round, to provide a spiritual focus that is vital to SOAR’s discipleship strategy, and to be a practical blessing to families.
- The barriers of hostility would be broken and that the students would be a team unified in love.
- For courage and faith as the students build gospel-centered relationships with kids from SOAR.
- Our time with the SOAR program will truly bless and advance their mission.
Camp War Eagle Ozone | 9th-10th grades
Leader: Janie Crow and Alan Vonghay
Purpose: To advance the Gospel by developing gospel-centered relationships with in the community with students in Camp War Eagle’s year-round program.
- Our students will know Christ and make Him known in how they initiate and develop new relationships.
- Ozone students will see Christ and the beauty of His church through the loving and welcoming hearts of the Mosaic students.
Guatemala | 11th-12th grades
Leaders: Collin Jackson
Purpose: To focus on evangelism through opportunities for sharing faith and advancing the gospel with adults and children in schools, homes, and neighborhoods throughout Guatemala City.
- Team unity, protection, and opportunity to sow seeds of God’s love.
- God’s blessing on Fellowship Guatemala through strengthening and encouraging the saints of that community.
- One person would see the grace and beauty of the gospel and in faith, trust Jesus as Lord.
FSM Trips (NWA)
FSM Colcord | 7th grade
Leader: Thomas Brown
Purpose: To teach 7th grade students what it looks like to serve the Lord by loving and caring for others and by laying a foundation of Christlike service, stewardship, and generosity that they will carry into the rest of their lives.
- Students will grow closer together, friendships are formed, and students will bond over work and fun.
- Students will grow in their knowledge of the Lord and of the Bible, with the understanding that everything we do flows from what He first did for us.
- Students would learn what it looks like go have a servant's heart, and they would take joy in serving others.
FSM Memphis | 8th-9th grades
Leader: Hunter House & Abby Lay
Purpose: To equip our students for discipleship
- Students will grow in their relationship with the Lord and with their cell group.
- Students will be bold to proclaim the Gospel in their cell groups, with the people of Memphis, and back home in their schools.
- Students would experience a heart of humility as they serve and learn during the week.
FSM Memphis Eikon | 10th-12th grades
Leader: Alex House and Blake Emerson
Purpose: To equip our students for discipleship
- Students would gain a passion for discipleship and evangelism.
- Students would experience the humility of serving, modeled by Jesus.
FSM Guatemala | 10th-12th grades
Leaders: Amy Anderson
Purpose: To expose our students to God's work in the world.
- The kingdom would be expanded in Guatemala and our team would see Jesus in a new way.
- Our team would have unity and grow closer to Jesus together.
- Our team would be a blessing to Casa Aleluya and the community of Guatemala.
FSM Ecuador | 11th-12th grades
Leader: Caleb Freeman
Purpose: Equipping, evangelism, and service.
- Safe travels and stay throughout our time in Ecuador and for God’s blessing on these travels throughout Ecuador.
- Our time spent with the students at Antioch school will be influential and filled with love as we teach classes and engage students with the Gospel.
- We can be a light to the long-term missionaries and offer hope to them as they serve the community.
FSM Costa Rica | 11th-12th grades
Leader: Tori Vaughan
Purpose: To equip the students
- Our team would partner well with the Martin family and their ministry.
- The possibility of the Martin family moving to a better location, and that the ministry “Teen Challenge” will get a foothold in the community.
- The people of Costa Rica would be transformed by the power of the Gospel.
NWA Adult Trips
Purpose: To cover a city in prayer preparing the way for long-term workers to start a church- planting movement.
- People whom God has been drawing to Himself will open up their homes to the team (Luke 10) and open their communities to the Gospel.
- Encouragement for long-term workers.
- Unity, safe travel, and health.
March 19-April 1
Purpose: To provide a time of refreshment, teaching, encouragement, and worship for global workers in remote areas of Tanzania.
- A time of refreshment, teaching, encouragement and worship for global workers and to help them flourish personally and in ministry so that they are equipped to stay in country for the long haul.
- Team members who have not ever been overseas and had the opportunity to use their gifts in a cross-cultural setting.
- Unity, safe travel, and good health for our team and for the global workers attending this retreat.
FSM Fayetteville Trips
Kansas City | 7th-9th grades
Leaders: Tad Moore, Antha Johnson, Aidan Smith, Kylie Harlan, Matthew Maritan
Purpose: To partner with inner city ministries and local churches throughout Kansas City so that God will grow our students’ hearts for service to those in need and equip them with practical ways to serve our own community.
- This experience deepens our sense of unity among students, leaders, and staff.
- Students will see the value and joy in serving others and living selflessly.
- Spiritual friendships will cultivate between our student ministry and the youth ministry at Palestine Missionary Baptist
Church, who we will be spending time with.
Puebla, Mexico | 10th-12th grades
Leader: Kyle McCarthy, Caroline Johnson, Kyle Plunkett, Abby Sikes, Jett Schroeder
Purpose: To partner with the BAM Center in Puebla, MX, and join them in their efforts to plant Gospel communities in the village of San Nicolas.
- Students will catch the vision of God’s heart for the nations.
- Each student has a chance to share their story of how Jesus changed their life with someone they meet.
- Through the efforts of the BAM Center, a Gospel community will take root in San Nicolas and a discipleship movement will begin.