Here are some practical ways to meet an international:
- Adopt an International Student and meet with them at least once a month.
U of A's iFriend program: [email protected] , 479-575-6665
NWACC's Friendship Families program: Lou Lo, 479-986-4069
- Help an international student needing furniture get settled into their apartment. Learn more at Furniturefriends.co.
Contact: Mitchell Griffith, 479-283-9206
- Connect with international students attending local universities through the August Free Yard Sale, Tuesday Night Meal & Bible study, and many more opportunities.
Contact: Kevin Smith, 479–601-1750
- Converse with an international student to give them a safe place to practice speaking English. Contact the Univ of AR for an 8-week conversation club.
- Provide a host home for international students from all over the world. There is a weekend program, a 3-week program, and a 9-week program.
Contact: Bethany Peevy, 479-575-7600
- Befriend internationals working locally or their spouse.
Contact Kathy Harriell in Fayetteville, or Jean Deschenes in Bentonville/Rogers.
Text #intl to 479-282-2406 or click here to receive specific needs of internationals living in Northwest Arkansas.